Sunday, June 27, 2021

Venturing out with the virus

Two weeks ago was the first time I went out to the store since March 12th. 
I went out because Liam wanted to get a few things and so did I. 
It was weird seeing people walking around with masks' on.  I did not have a mask, so Liam made me and himself one out of ponytail bands and a bandana and a pin.   It worked good but it killed my ears. 

Most people wore masks in Walmart but a good number of people did not including Liam. He said it is hard to breathe, which it is but hey, you gotta do what you gotta do.

We did shopping, came home and washed our hands.

I went with him again the following week. Some foods are hard to buy or now costs much more. Meat is scarce or expensive.  I got some chopped meat and  chicken breasts.  Canned goods are getting scarce. That aisle was pretty empty I got creamed and kernel corn for 50 cents each but the pea's were $1.50! I only got 2 can't of those.  Every time I go now I will try to stack up on some cans and meat.

DD had to search around for canning lids, which is also scarce.

Today I asked Grace to take me to the bank, the first time I was there in many months.
I put my mask on and walked up to the door that had a guard standing in front who promptly yelled at me to use the hand sanitizer. I did not even see it to the left on a stand. I was then allowed to enter. The bank was just about empty but there were prompts on the floor to stand 6ft apart. I was in and out in minutes.

Grace and Liam have returned to work at a local restaurant, there are still restrictions to obey. I think it's too soon, but I guess the country has to try to get back on our feet soon.  Bill works from home every other week, but Agnes works every day.

No comments:

Post a Comment