Sunday, June 27, 2021

Lucky 7

Today I am 69.  It is hard to believe.  I am now older than my dad.  He died 3 weeks before his 69th.

I never  thought I would live this long. I think a lot of people say stuff like that because when they are young, they can't picture themselves old.....

Do I have any words of wisdom at this ripe old age?  Not really.

Listen to your heart and your head. Follow your INTUITION. It will not lie to you.  That's it. 💗

What I learned as an old lady.

I don't care what I look like as long as my hair is short. 
After spending most of my life with long hair, I used to see old women with really short hair and I would think...don't they care what they look like? They have a man haircut! Geez!  

The answer is no, they don't care and they don't care what you think. Comfort and ease is NO.1 when you get older. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I used to think..you get older you stop tweezing your eyebrows? Don't you care what you look like??
Again, the answer is no. 
And tweezing the gray/white hairs HURTS. I don't know why it HURTS, but it does. Do they have deeper roots or something? I have no clue but I am not as diligent about tweezing  as I used to because it hurts. 
`````````````````````````````````````````
I don't care what the shoes look like as long as they are comfortable, that goes for shirts, pants and anything else that goes on the body.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
At this age, I am sick of all the bullshit. I don't watch much news. If I have it on, I will shut the volume off till a story comes on I want to hear about.

I am happy staying home, doing my little routine around the house, wearing my comfy clothes, playing with stuff in my room, watching tv and/or all snuggly  in bed with a movie. 

I can do this thanks to my daughter and son-in-law.  I am lucky. 

When I was wild...😂

P.S. A bit of advice my mother gave me. Grow old with dignity. 
You know, don't be one of those women who dress like a 20/30 year old. Lots of make-up will not make you look younger. Oh yeah no one can tell your hair is dyed and you don't have even one little strand of gray/white in your head.

It is another phase of your life.  Learn from it.











No comments:

Post a Comment