Sunday, June 27, 2021

Movies I like

For some odd reason I have been thinking about an old Christmas movie the last few weeks.  I did get to see it last holiday season and it was the first time in years.  So here are a few of my favorites in no particular order.

The movie I was just talking about is, The Bishop's Wife.  I always feel warm and fuzzy after watching this movie.  It has Cary Grant, Loretta Young and David Nevin, what a cast!   It is a holiday favorite along with A Christmas Carol, with Alistair Sim, made the year I was born.   I have to put in A Christmas Story, Although this movie is set in a time even before I was born, it brings up a lot of memories of the past.  You either love or hate this movie, my sister Barbara hated it.

I saw this movie in the movie Theater in 1963, I was 12. My mother and sister Peggy took me.  Cleopatra with Elizabeth Taylor.  I guess I have always found ancient civilizations interesting. This movie was wonderful to see on the big screen!  It was awesome, all the colors and the music and enormous sets! I may have seen it again when it came on TV.

Another favorite is Men in Black, a fun, weird movie.  There were sequels but the first is always the best.

Star Wars, talk about expanding your mind! The movie was funny and thrilling, it opened up your brain to all kinds of possibilities! I've watched a few sequels after this one but the first was the best.


I do like a good scary movie. Many Stephen King Movies. I have always liked his books better than his movies, here are a few I did like. The Shining goes to the top of the list. CarrieChristineCujoPet Cematary  I also like his,  Shawshank Redemption and Misery 

Goodfellas, hands down, one of the best movies ever made.  I've watched it many times along with this movie,  The Godfather, excellent. 

This is an oldie that my mother loved, too. A Tree Grows in Brooklyn. It reminds me of the Bronx. Another warm fuzzy movie. 

So, I see I can go on and and on. I didn't realize how many movies I liked and I can still add more. 



No comments:

Post a Comment