Sunday, June 27, 2021

Seventy

  Did I ever expect to live to 70. Nope.  The main reason is because not many in my family made it to 70.

Mom-59

Dad-68

Grandpa Joe- 74

Grandma Maude- 60

Sister Peggy-67

Sister Barbara-58

Aunt Mae- 73

The longest lived relative, that I know off is......Aunt Rita - 82! 

There might be others, but this is what I have so far.

 So the odds of not making it out of my sixties seemed pretty good. I am older than my parents and my older sisters. 

How do I feel about turning 70. I feel, surprised, that's about it. 

I am still here for a reason.  I guess I still have lessons to learn or something to give. 


This was taken  67 years ago in the Bronx. I think it was taken in my Aunt Mae's apartment because even today, that linoleum looks familiar but it is not from our apartment. 

She doesn't know all the heartbreak and all the happiness that is in her future.
But whatever is thrown at her in this lifetime, she will stay strong even if she feels defeated. 
When she feels like giving up, she won't. When she feels lost she finds hope.  She will bend with the wind. 
She'll know she is the only one that can change her life.
She learned all that from the strong women in her family. 
They are amazing.






No comments:

Post a Comment