Sunday, June 27, 2021

Internet penpals- Meeting Dave Part 1

When I got a computer back in the '90s  one of the first things I did, was to go to AOL pen pals.  I had penpals growing up and still had my first penpal, Cheryl,  so I thought it would be fun having a penpal on line. 

I wrote to men and women because I wanted to met people from all over. I wanted friends not romance.
I wrote to women who said, they would love to hear from men or women. I wrote to alot of them and NOT ONE woman wrote back.  Which made me believe they were  just looking for men.

Some men did write back.  Most in England, because that's where my interest was.

One older gentleman was a ghost hunter and told me amazing stories.  But the sad things was, he was not the least bit interested in me. He never asked me a question.  So, eventually I stopped writing/emailing him. He probably never noticed.

One was a widower with a son who was never marrying again because he collects widower pension and was going to Washington D.C on business and wanted to meet up with me.  So, I told him no and stopped writing him.

I did write a man named Dave, who was a carpenter, married with 2 kids.  I enjoyed his emails and I don't remember why we stopped. He was a nice man who told me what he found behind walls etc. as a carpenter and about his two teen age children. 

Many people I wrote, never bothered to write back.

I discovered other interests online like, AncientSites. A website of adults who love ancient civilizations, that became almost a second home. 

I gave up trying to find a penpal  for awhile.










No comments:

Post a Comment