Monday, July 8, 2024

Cheetah Club - NYC 1960s

 My brother in law took me and a few other members of the kids I hung out with, to the city. We went to the Cheetah Club.  I was 15/16 but people did not care so much back then if you were underage. But I also had a fake birth certificate and I can't remember now if I had to show it.

I don't remember a great deal about it now.  Like any night club it was loud. Lots of people, good music. There were other rooms.  I danced. We wandered around, there were other rooms I did not go into. I remember one room was padded. 

What I do remember was seeing this rectangle object almost as tall as me.  It was showing a video of Neil Sedaka  singing Calendar girl.  I was amazed! This was 1960s, before anything and here you could watch someone sing their song, watch your favorite songs being performed,  not on TV but in this box.  That stuck with me all these years. How amazing that was to watch.


No comments:

Post a Comment