Monday, May 8, 2023

Jewelry store in town

 We had one main jewelry story in our town, called Macys, I made that up because the son is on facebook. I have a few stories concerning this store and their son...Jack.

Jack went to St.Fidelis and was in my class.  In the mornings the candy cart would come in the classroom around 10am so you could buy a snack is you had money. Jack, being rich would buy the whole cart, costing a good 10-15 dollars, which was a lot back then! The nun finally had to tell him to let the rest of the kids in the class get our candy first then he could by the cart. If you forgot your money and beg him, he would not give you a piece of candy.

Jack once opened the vest of his uniform and he had a bunch of watches hanging there. Just to show off. He was a dick. 

We were all outside playing when the bell rang to line up. We are  running to our lines and  right ahead of me is Jack. He is holding a yo yo. Of course the best Duncan yo yo around. I yank it out of his hand as a joke. He turns and runs right past me, thinking some kid running away took it. I laugh to myself and figure I will give it to him when we are in class.

We line up.


Then there is an announcement, we are not going inside till Jack's yo yo is returned to him. OMG. I can't believe this.  The whole school is just standing in lines. No talking. I am sweating . An announcement again, we will stand there all day if need be. I am dying. I am afraid we will all be searched and I will get caught.

Behind me is Frances, I whisper to her I have the yo yo, that I found it near the fence. She takes the yo yo and brings it to a Nun.  I guess she didn't care people would think she stole it. We all go in school and that's the end of that. lol

My last story. Years later I am in the jewelry story, buying a ring for Billy for his birthday. I have his wedding band so they can use that to measure the size. I pick a ring out, hand them the ring to measure. I get the paper work and wait. Jacks father says, did I give back the wedding ring. I said no, that's what I'm waiting for.

He looks around on the counter top...then under the counter top then on the floor, I am checking my pockets..I don't have it. He is checking the garbage pail, emptying it out.  I check my pocketbook. I tell him he can check my pocketbook if he wants. His wife comes out to help look. He tells the wife he does not remember giving me the ring back.  Nothing. They will replace the ring, if its not found.  Right before I leave the store, I touch the breast pocket on my jacket...and...I feel the ring!!! OMG. Why did I put the ring in there, I never use those pockets!! I am too embarrassed to say anything and leave. 

I go to my mothers house and tell her what happened. She said, I guess you are getting a new ring. The father calls while I am at my mothers and tells me, they found the ring. Ha. I tell them Great, I will be up there soon to get it. I know they are lying to see my reaction. Of course that was my chance to tell them I found it..but didn't. lol

When I walked in both husband and wife were there, they said, they were mistaken and it was not my ring. So, since I had lost my wedding band a few months before I got a new gold band for free. 

Jack is on facebook, everyone lives in Fla. his parents recently died and he still looks like a dick.



No comments:

Post a Comment