Saturday, February 1, 2020

My first ring

On my 8th birthday in 1959, my sister Barbara gave me a cloth handkerchief  for my birthday. I looked at it and thanked her. 
But of course I was so disappointed!  I stared at it a bit and then turned to put it in my  dresser draw, when she yelled at me. LOOK IN the HANDKERCHIEF!  There was a ring! 

A few weeks ago she brought home a ring sizer and we all played with it to see what size fingers we had.  I had no idea it was to measure me for the ring. 

The ring was gold, with a small heart shaped amethyst stone. I just loved it.
This was not my ring, but you get an idea of what it looked like.  I wore it all the time. 
Then one day at school I looked down at my hand and....THE STONE WAS MISSING! 

I was heart sick, I search all around my desk and the class room. But, who knows when I lost it. 
I kept the ring and did not get rid of it until the 1970s (?) when gold prices went UP and people were selling their gold.  

No comments:

Post a Comment