Monday, February 3, 2020

My First PC

The 1990s was an exciting time. People were buying PCs, Personal Computers. My sister, Barbara, had one. My daughter had an old one. 
I....did not have one! 

My sister would "see" my daughter on line and ask me if I wanted her to send Ag a message from me.  I had no idea what she was talking about. "You see her online? Do you see her face? How do you see her?!" 
I wanted to "see" her online! 

One of my bosses mentioned he was getting a new computer. I asked if he was getting rid of his old one, I would buy it. He said, let me talk to my wife.
Every time he came I would ask, he would forget to ask his wife.  I was almost begging for it!  He finally told me they were giving it to their niece. 

I went home. They were selling Gateway Computers on QVC.  I bought one. I will do what I never did before. Take money out of my CD to buy it. 
I called Ag and told her. After we hung up, I called QVC and bought her a computer. 
There was no way I would be able to enjoy my PC if Ag was still on her crappy old PC.  
I am not sure what they cost back then. I want to say $1200, but that could have been for both of them.
It looked like this.  I had a great/frustrating time learning this  new technology! 
I got  to see Ag and my sister online and learn about codes  and html. I said, I will not just do email on this expensive machine, I was going to learn how to do things! 
One of the first things I did was find, Ancient worlds and join that group which was my second home  for Leah Enkidu.  I learned codes and html, I could make webpages.  I got a second job online! Stories for another day. 








No comments:

Post a Comment