Wednesday, April 19, 2023

When I had to leave

 It is 2006 a year after Katrina, Agnes was dating Bill and they planned on getting married. They would move into his house.  He had a son and daughter who were with him part time.

I must say, I always told Agnes I did not want to stand in the way of any  of her future plans, I could live with my brother if need be. After Katrina my brother said I should come live with him and get out of the south. 

So asking where my room would be, I realized I was not going to move with them. It was devastating. How was I going to leave the kids.




Part of me understood. They are just getting married. Who wants a mother/mother in law hanging around. I perfectly understood but that doesn't mean I was any less devastated.

I stayed at the old house for a few weeks while they were at Bills house.

On the day I was to leave, Bill picked me up and took me to the airport.  I upgraded to first class because I deserved it. lol

The first few weeks you could not ask me about the grandkids because I would cry. I could not see cartoons on tv. The grandkids would ask me when am I coming back, it was a rough time. 

It was a hard 3 years of my life. My only bright spot was the women I worked with at the school.  I became good friends with most of them and still see them online. 

So, things happen for a reason,  must have been some lesson in there that I needed to learn. 

The End. 

2 comments: