Thursday, April 1, 2021

The Beatles Final part

 The Beatles keep turning out hit singles. Hit Albums and even movies. I must say, I was not a fan of their movies. I don't recall even going to one of them. 

I have always said, there has never been a band as popular as The Beatles.  Not only did we love their songs, so did our parents.  Many singers of the time, from my parents era, would sing Beatle songs.  Dean Martin, Andy Williams, Frank Sinatra sang their songs just to name a few.  

Here is a list of Beatle songs. Amazing. 

We followed the goings on of the Beatles in Magazines and TV.  We found out John was married and had a son! But soon the other Beatles married and divorced. John said they were more popular than Jesus and caused a whole big uproar.  I knew what he meant but apparently many did not and burned their records. 

Their music style grew and changed and became psychedelic. Their hair was long they all had beards and mustaches.

And then the arguments and threats. Finally it was the end. They were splitting up.


One of the last pictures of them as The Beatles.

The end of an Era.

They went on leading their own groups, their own lives. One of them might make a special appearance in another's group. 

On December 8th, 1980 my mother called. Are you watching the news? I said no. She said put the news on, she would not tell me why.  
John Lennon was murdered in front of the Dekota Apt. building where he lived. My mother knew I would be upset and couldn't tell me.  Very Sad.   Then George died of cancer.  I was going to marry George when I was a beatlemaniac. sigh

Paul just released a new album, frankly, I think he should retire now. His album sucked.  But that's just my opinion.  Ringo is in a band with his son, I believe. I never bought any of their records after the beatles. 

I will always be a
BEATLEMANIC







No comments:

Post a Comment